Thursday, October 15, 2026

The Shoppe is closed

For over five decades Richard Klemensen has given us one of the finest horror movie mags you could ever wish for, especially if you have a passion for Hammer. Which Richard certainly has - in gravedigger spades! There's nothing out there that can match LSoH's scholar-like level of research, insight and analysis.

And amongst the articles, interviews, essays and photographs, there's always lots of gorgeous and gruesome artwork. By the likes of Bruce Timm, Neil Vokes, Adrian Salmon, Mark Maddox, and yours truly.

I came in part way but tried to contribute as much as i could and as often as i could. Missed a few issues but i did a good run and got the chance to draw characters from some of my all-time fave movies.
My debut was back in 2008 for # 21: two illustrations featuring Chris Lee as the Frankenstein Monster. So, it's fitting, that the last illustration i contribute - because it's the LAST issue! - is again, Chris Lee from The Curse of Frankenstein.
I will really miss doing the drawings but not as much as I'll miss reading Little Shoppe of Horrors.
It has been a joy! Thank you, Dick, for your hard work and sharing your love of all things Hammer. I raise my bloody goblet in admiration and respect!





No comments: